Wednesday, March 21, 2018

An Oversight

     While thinking of this idea for my film opening I didn't notice a simple key aspect about my film. If it wasn't for making the script, I still may not have noticed this till later on. I was too busy asking my friends to play the role of the three teenagers that I completely forgot to cast the role of the mysterious person or my antagonist. After giving it some thought, I figured it would be harder to have four different actors in my film so I decided to make minor adjustment to my film opening idea. Previously I had three teenagers and now I will have just two. One of my friends will now become the antagonist of my film.
     I think this oversight in my script was actually beneficial because it decreases the amount of characters in my film. With too many characters it is difficult to make the audience connect and feel emotion towards the characters. Also, with a lot of people to have in my film, it is harder to get everyone together so now that I have one character less, the times for us all to meet are more flexible. 
     Sometimes you need to fail to succeed. Sure this phrase may seem a little dramatic for this minor oversight but it gets the point across and now I will start planning the script!

No comments:

Post a Comment