Sunday, March 4, 2018

Horror Sub-genres

     After researching the genre that is horror, I discovered that there is many sub-genres and different categories of this aspect of film. For example some focus on nature and animal aspects such as "Jaws" and some focus on gore such as "Saw". While researching I found this great article that goes in depth on each genre and it talks about how each one is successful in its own way.
     All the sub-genres including examples of each are shown in the image below. I feel that for my film opening, the best sub-genre choice would either be psychological or killer. The reason for this is that other sub-genres need a lot of make up and/or computer-generated imagery (CGI) and those are things that my budget will not be able to provide.
     After some thought and consideration, I will choose killer as my sub-genre. I am confident in my abilities to create an eerie and scary film opening and I cannot wait to get started!


Citation:
Horror Genres and Sub-genres. (2014, March 20). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from http://popcornhorror.com/genres/

No comments:

Post a Comment