Sunday, March 4, 2018

Inspiration

     To gain a better understanding of the killer sub-genre and to find some inspiration, I went and researched famous films. I found an article that mentioned the top fifty horror movies according to popularity and I found some movies I have heard of before. Legendary horror films such as "Saw", "Scream", and "Psycho" are all famous for their ability to evoke fear into their audience and like my film opening, that is what I hope to do as well.
     I watched the opening scene from the movie "Saw", directed by James Wan, on Youtube and the manner in which he instilled mystery, fear, and puts the audience on edge. This style of horror is what I hope to produce for my film opening and have the audience hooked and creeped out all at the same time.


Citation:
The 50 best serial killer movies. (n.d.). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000047280/

No comments:

Post a Comment