Thursday, March 8, 2018

Target Audience

     Here we are... week two of this long but fulfilling journey. At this point some other people/groups might have their idea for their film opening and some may even have started filming. Don't get me wrong that's all great, however, I think they are going too fast. I want to research as much as possible to create the best possible film opening which will tell a good story and meet my target audience.
     Coming into this genre of horror, I already knew the target audience would be relatively young. I acquired this outside knowledge from researching on previous media studies projects. After some further research, I found an article specifying the exact range for the target audience in horror movies and reasons as to why that is the case. Teens from the ages of 15-25 years old tend to enjoy the gore and the thrill more than adults. These films bring in about 58% of males and about 42% females. I believe that the aspect of fear and suspense just entice younger male audiences who are known for being young and rebellious. I was once that age and absolutely adored these films so I can see where the facts and numbers are coming from.
     For my film opening, I will be targeting that same age range which is crucial if I want my movie to   reach the maximum amount of success. Hopefully with all this research and knowledge under my belt, I am confident in my abilities and now to come up with a plot for this soon to be great film opening!

Resource Used:
https://www.slideshare.net/isaac97media/horror-film-target-audience

No comments:

Post a Comment