Sunday, March 18, 2018

Diving Deeper

     So for my film idea, I have mentioned how the inspiration for it was the film "Scream" my Wes Craven and since my film opening is somewhat related I wanted to take a closer look at the scene that is the foundation for my soon to be film opening. 


Above is the opening scene to "Scream". I wanted to look further into how the director, Wes Craven, made a scene so mysterious and how he managed to give the audience goosebumps with very little going on. For example, he uses no music and very few stings to create an eerie vibe. In my film, I hope to include these very natural sounds and make the viewers of my film feel like they are in the shoes of the teenage characters. 
     Knowing my target audience, I am going to use social media, iPhones, and maybe video games to hook my viewers and keep them engaged because all these things are relatable to them. If my film opening turns out to be successful, then I owe it all to this movie scene here. I hope I can even match the emotion conveyed in this scene in my own film opening. Lets get the ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment