Sunday, March 11, 2018

Brainstorming

     Over the past couple of days I have been brainstorming ideas, hence the title of this post, for my film opening. Since I am going for a horror movie that evokes mystery and fear, I was thinking of creating a film opening that revolves around a phone call between the main character and the mysterious caller. This idea struck when I saw the film opening in class for the movie "Scream" by Wes Craven. In the movie there is a phone call between a blood female and an unknown caller. The creepy voice and strange mystery behind the character is very mysterious and sets the tone perfectly and that is something I hope to implement into my movie.
     For my film opening I will use the same concept of the phone call, however I will make my own twist and version of it. Since I know my target audience is mainly teenagers, I am going to use the idea of a prank call as the start of the phone call. So the roles will be reversed in a sense. The teenagers will be calling a random number to do a simple prank call but what they don't know is that the number they are calling is the number of a mysterious person who has been following them all along.
     I still have to touch up some ideas and go more in depth in some ideas to truly bring this idea to life but I am confident in my project now that I have a solid idea and I cannot wait to start shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment